Friday, July 19, 2013

An Unexpected Surprise

Today is July 19, 2013. No special date or day really, except my heart is acting up on me ... again. Well, I am sure I will live!!

I simply wanted to share what just happened on Facebook today and the power that social media has. It is, truth be told, much more powerful than it was in 2005, when Danny went home to Jesus.

I was flipping through my posts and I saw this ...
     well, without the caption of course!!

Today Danny's first girlfriend was moving to another apartment and she found a book with some of his drawings and this single picture of him. 

I had thumbed over it quickly with no realization of who it was until I saw a notification from this young lady posted to my Facebook wall. She was not only Danny's first girlfriend, she was one of the sweetest and most big-hearted young ladies I have ever met. Actually, she still IS on of the most loving and big- hearted ladies I have ever met. I am sure that she will always remain so. She is, at the very core of her "good all the way to the bone"!

Sometimes it hurts me to see pictures like this but, this time, it actually made me smile and made my heart a little glad that there are others who remember my Danny with fondness as well. Often the tears are happy ones now, reminders of what a special, gifted young man my Danny was.

Young lady who knew Danny so well (you know who you are!), thank you. Thank you for sharing this picture with me and knowing that my heart would be happy to see it.

Danny, you ARE still a light in many people's lives. You taught us all a little about how to live in your death. I love often now .... Worry less ... Am MUCH more spontaneous than I used to be ... Happy to spend time with my family while I have them ... and they me. When there is so much death in this world, and most of it needless, I am remembering what it means to live, love and laugh.

Son, I will always miss you. I have been reminded, gently, exactly what you looked like. Time really didn't change you ... much. Love you babe ...

1 comment:

  1. That was very heart-felt and touching Jean. I actually have to go back to Saturday, July 20, 2013; when Ian Hanes and my youngest niece Carol Ann Morey got married at 3:00 P.M. Well; later Saturday Night or early in the morning of Sunday, July 21, 2013 I replied on Carol Ann Hanes facebook wall and timeline; that the reason I did not mention anything about her being a beautiful bride...is because I was thinking of my mother and how proud she would have been to see Carol Ann get married, and she would have cried. Carol Ann Hanes had replied to me, that she thought of my mother also, and had a locket with her picture in it and it was part of Carol Ann Hanes wedding bouquet.

    ReplyDelete